Saturday, March 27, 2010

3 checks and a bonus! (#20, 22, and 35)

Okay, a few updates. I successfully gave up fast food for an entire month. Giving it up for Lent helps. :) Also, took care of #22 and #35 together by going to Vegas (I've never been to Nevada). I still need a few more ideas to finish my list. So I'll be brainstorming all month. Now, the bonus is sort of a partial check--doing something crafty once a month. I got it in my head to reupholster my dining room chairs for the spring/summer months--you know, just to lighten up the area a little bit and have something "new". So here are the before and afters:
Before....monochromatic brown.



After..."mandarin" swirls. It's actually pretty close to burnt orange. :)
I didn't take off the old covering because I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the change, so all in all, it only took me about 2 1/2 hours to do this. Next time I tackle it, I'll probably do the whole 9 yards and change out the foam, etc. Next project is rehabbing a chair I found curbside today to make it my crafting chair. It will be the first time I completely redo something. But that's for another weekend more than likely. :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pattern!! Great job, Her!! And yay for a new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!

    And feel free to steal some of my 101s. A tip -- divide general tasks. (i.e. instead of "Make Jewelry" -- your #36 -- change to "Make a Pair of Earrings"; "Make a Necklace"; and "Give Homemade Jewelry as a Gift." One becomes three :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it... the pattern really livens things up!

    ReplyDelete